Saturday, July 17, 2010

A green day at the Dunedin green market

Today was the last day of the Dunedin Green Market, and it was a perfect morning for a scooter ride. I have some house guests visiting, and I thought they would enjoy some fresh fruit for breakfast. I woke up early and left the house at 7:45 to be there right at the 8:00 published start time. Although only four miles away from my house, it was a fun ride and the cool temps at that time made it even more enjoyable.

Main Street Dunedin is a great place, and I really like what they are trying to do with the Saturday Green Market. Vendors come in with local or "green" products to sell. Today, there were even two produce vendors. I got a great selection of pineapple, papaya and cantaloupe. I even got two great loaves of breakfast bread; banana nut raisin and carrot. Of course, I had to pick up some limes, an essential fruit for any Parrothead. The milk crate I bought (don't steel milk crates) came in handy bringing it all home. 

I was able to get in a great little ride, and serve up a true Key West style B&B breakfast to my guests. What a way to start the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment